Your organizations within the StackHawk platform can be integrated with third party Identity Providers (IDP’s) in order to reduce manual user administration activities across platforms.
SSO/SAML integration with the StackHawk Platform starts with provisioning StackHawk in the IDP and obtaining the associated XML Metadata document:
- Set up StackHawk as a Service Provider (SP) in the IDP given the following requirements:
- StackHawk’s SAML endpoint URL is https://auth.stackhawk.com/saml/SSO
- StackHawk’s Audience URI / service provider identifier is
- Email should be the primary identifier
- First name and last name identifiers should also be present; their format varies by identity provider
- Generate a SAML Metadata document (XML) and capture that document for later provisioning by StackHawk support.
- In Azure environments, the Active Directory (AD) config behind the scenes is likely using the
samAccountIdas the default identifier; for the StackHawk SP, this should be updated so that email is the primary identifier
- Okta users: see the StackHawk entry on the Okta Integration Network
Once the XML Metadata has been generated, contact StackHawk support at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional assistance – support will need to provision the XML Metadata for the organizations in question.