StackHawk’s official Slack integration.
The StackHawk Slack integration will send notifications to your Slack workspace whenever a scan is run and completed, reporting the findings as it goes. This Integration follows the OAuth 2.0 authorization code grant flow to enables a Slack workspace to communicate with StackHawk.
- Configured Slack channels will get notifications when HawkScan runs and when it completes.
- On a successful scan, configured channels will be sent a summary of findings with a link to the StackHawk Platform to view the full results.
- On scan failures, configured channels will be sent a summary of the error and a link that points to the stacktrace and error conditions.
- You must have a StackHawk account.
- You must be currently signed in or able to login to the Slack workspace you wish to add the integration to.
- You must have sufficient permissions to install Slack Apps in your workspace.
With this integration you authorize StackHawk with the following Slack scopes:
- View basic information about public channels in the workspace
- View basic information about private channels that StackHawk has been added to
- Send messages as @stackhawk
- Send messages to channels @stackhawk isn’t a member of
- Log into StackHawk and visit the Slack Integration page in StackHawk
- Click the
Install StackHawk for Slackbutton. This will open in a new tab where you will authorize Slack with the given scopes. Note: You must complete the authorization within an hour before the link expires.
- Once Authorized, the Slack Integration is complete! It can now be configured.
Once authorized, the integration can be configured in the StackHawk platform. Select which workspace channels you want your Slack notifications going to.
The Slack integration configuration is assigned per-channel. For each connected Slack channel, you can specify which Applications and which Environments will send notifications when scanned.
By default, if no Applications are selected for the channel configuration, Slack notifications will be sent for all applications when scanned. The same is true for selected environments. Specific environments can be selected for the channel if at least one application is configured for the channel.
Each Slack channel configuration can be individually edited or removed with the vertical ellipsis ⋮ to the right of the row of the Slack channel.
- To send Slack notifications to a private channel, you will additionally need to first invite the @stackhawk bot user to that channel. You can do this by sending a message in the private channel mentioning @stackhawk , or within the channel member list controls. Once invited, the private channel will appear in the channel select configuration dropdown. Similarly, if you change a public channel to private, you will need to invite the StackHawk bot user into that Slack Channel for it to continue to send notifications.
Have any suggestions, feature requests, or feedback to share? Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org