StackHawk’s official Microsoft Teams integration.
The StackHawk Microsoft Teams integration will send notifications to configured Teams channels whenever a scan is run and completed, reporting any findings. The integration consists of a Microsoft Teams app that is first installed into your Teams workspace (admin privileges required), and then connected back to a StackHawk Organization with a Integration Token to enable the Teams organization to communicate with StackHawk.
- Configured Teams channels will get notifications when HawkScan runs and when it completes.
- When a scan is started, configured channels will be sent a started message with a link back to StackHawk to view the live results.
- On a successful scan, configured channels will be sent a summary of findings with a link to StackHawk to view the full results.
- On scan failures, configured channels will be sent a summary of the error and a link that points to the stacktrace and error conditions.
- You must have a StackHawk account.
- Your StackHawk Organization must belong to a plan with The Microsoft Teams Integration enabled. Reach out to StackHawk Support to enable it.
- You must be currently signed in or able to login to the Teams workspace you wish to add the integration to.
- You must have sufficient administration permissions to install Teams Apps in your workspace and Team.
With this integration you authorize StackHawk with the following Teams permissions:
- Receive messages and data that you provide to it.
- Receive messages and data that team members provide to it in a channel.
- Send messages and notifications in a channel.
- Access this team’s information such as team name, channel list and roster (including team member’s names and email addresses) - and use this to contact them.
Click here to install the StackHawk for Teams App from the Microsoft Teams Marketplace
- Log into StackHawk and visit the Teams Integration page in StackHawk
Enable Teams. This will generate the temporary integration token.
- Click the
View In Marketplacebutton. This will open a new tab to add the StackHawk app from the Microsoft Teams Marketplace.
- Once added to your Teams workspace, click the
Add to a Teambutton and select your preffered Team to connect the app to. Once added to a Team and Channel, you can authorize the app with your stackhawk organization
Once the StackHawk application has been installed in Teams, a one-time integration token from StackHawk needs to be copied into Teams to connect the Team with your StackHawk organization.
- After installing the app into your Team, go to the Teams page in StackHawk.
- Copy the UUID integration token and connect command. Note: this key is time-sensitive, and will expire after one hour.
- In your Teams channel, direct message the @StackHawk bot with the
connect UUIDcommand and integration token.
- If successful, your Team will now be connected to your StackHawk organization, and the integration completed.
Once authorized, the integration can be configured in the StackHawk platform. Select which Team channels you want your Microsoft Teams notifications going to.
The Microsoft Teams integration configuration is assigned per-channel. For each connected Teams channel, you can specify which Applications and which Environments will send notifications when scanned.
By default, if no Applications are selected for the channel configuration, Teams notifications will be sent for all applications when scanned. The same is true for selected environments. Specific environments can be selected for the channel if at least one application is configured for the channel.
Each Teams channel configuration can be individually edited or removed with the vertical ellipsis ⋮ to the right of the row of the Teams channel.
- Teams notifications currently cannot be sent to private Teams channels.
If StackHawk is having difficulty connecting to Slack or sending notifications, be sure to check the following:
- Ensure you have configured a team to send to, with configuration matching the scanned application.
- Check the Teams status page for technical updates.
- Confirm the integration is still present from the connected Teams team.
- As a last resort, you can remove and reenable the integration, however this will reset the Teams integration configuration.
If the problem persists, please reach out to StackHawk Support for assistance.
Have any suggestions, feature requests, or feedback to share? Contact StackHawk Support .